Round Trade Lake Improvement Association, Inc.
June 17, 2017
I. Call to order
The first 2017 regular meeting of the RTLIA called to order at 9:01 am by Jason Klous.
II. Roll call
The following board members were present: Jason Klous and Vicki Breault.
III. Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer on vacation, we’ll post to website in 2 weeks.
IV. Elections for 2017
Up for election this year is President and Round Lake representative in September at the annual meeting.
V. Upcoming Meetings
A. No July meetings; picnics instead
- Long Trade Lake boat parade, July 1 at 2pm, start at the sandbar
- Big Trade Lake picnic and boat parade July 1 at noon. There have been complaints about balloons polluting the lake. If you choose to participate please use biodegradable balloons. An idea was brought up to use Nerf guns as an alternative to balloons. Big Trade Lake picnic will be in the field adjacent to the boat landing after the boat parade.
- Round Lake will most likely have a boat parade on July 4 at noon, according to Pete Kane.
B. Long Trade Lake picnic July 15, noon at Atlas park. Round Lake included.
- August 19
- September 16
- Elections for President and Round Lake representatives
VI. President’s Report
A. Start exploring grant options for 2018 and beyond
- AIS grant possibilities – Done this year, we may apply for another grant in the future. Need volunteer hours to apply.
- Renewed focus on the Healthy Lakes Grant
- Applications on the website or contact your lake representative. Send in by February 2018 for Spring 2018
- Purple loosestrife beetles ready to release around July 1 on Round Lake
VII. Officer Reports
A. Vicki Breault (Long Trade Lake)
- Invert Workshop
- Next Friday, 6/23 at 3pm Polk County will do bug identification at Breault’s pole shed. Need volunteers to help identify. We’ll receive volunteer hours for grants.
- Long Trade Sechi disk reading
- Record 6 feet reading a week ago on 6/9.
Bill Heimkes motioned to adjourn the meeting, Roger Breault seconded the motion. Motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 9:32 am.
Minutes submitted by Amy Klous, Marketing Committee Chair