Round Trade Lake Improvement Association, Inc.
September 16, 2017
I. Call to order
The 2017 annual meeting of the RTLIA called to order at 9:00 am by Jason Klous.
II. Roll call
The following board members were present: Jason Klous, Tom Mayerhofer, Vicki Breault, Anne Heimkes Tuttle, Reid McFarlane, and Bill Pietrowski.
III. Treasurer’s Report
A. Total 2017 ytd:
- Income: $31,000
- Direct Lake Treatment Expenses: $16,085
- Total Administrative Expenses: $1,349
- Net Income: $14,460 Please note, we have yet to receive the invoices for the work that Matt Berg has done, which will reduce our net income.
- Treasurer’s financial report: Roger Breault motioned to accept, Dave Klous seconded the motion.
B. August 2017 meeting minutes read: Anne Tuttle motioned to accept, seconded by Roger Breault.
IV. Dave Blumer Lakes Update:
A. Current grant funding (2016-2017): Final year of 2 year AIS Control grant for all 4 lakes
- Limited money for AIS Control work on Long Trade, Round and Little Trade Lakes
- Need volunteer hours to match the grant
B. Final year of AIS Early Detection and Rapid Response Grant
- Limited money and EWM control work on Big Trade Lake
- Match requirements: physical removal and monitoring
C. It all ends this year. New grants need to be applied for in the next 6 months.
D. Aquatic Plant Management Plan: Will be completed for each lake by December 1, 2017. Plans will be posted on website in October.
- Plant Management
- Healthy Lakes Grant projects (individuals)
- Water quality monitoring
- Be active lake stewards – be aware of invasive species (individuals)
- Implement management plans
- Long Trade Lake: Keep CLP and EWM under control and implement native plant restorations, and water quality plan
- Round Lake: Keep CLP and EWM under control, water quality plan, get lakeshore owners need to get involved
- Little Trade Lake: Keep CLP and EWM under control, lakeshore owners control invasive species, lakeshore owners need to get involved
- Big Trade Lake: Keep CLP and EWM under control, lakeshore owners control invasive species, lakeshore owners need to get involved
V. Elections for 2017
A. President: No one was nominated or elected. President position is now vacant.
B. Round Lake representative: Bill Pietrowski was nominated by Roger Breault and reelected to the position.
C. Little Trade lake representative: Dan Freeman was nominated by Reid McFarlane and elected to the position.
VI. Officer Reports
A. Vicki Breault (VP – Long Trade Lake)
- Turn in volunteer hours and record on website
- Polk County going on Long Trade Lake doing property assessments
Reid McFarlane motioned to adjourn the meeting, Bill Heimkes seconded the motion. Motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 10:00 am.
Minutes submitted by Amy Klous, Marketing Committee Chair